Friday, September 16, 2011

MUG RUGS & POEMS


A friend gave me a Mug Rug and opened a a new obsession in me! Here are some of the "Rugs" as well as a couple of silly poems which will go on the sales tags at the quilt show!


#1

When through the day,
You take a break,
To have a cup of coffee*,
Please place your MUG
Upon this RUG,
Along with tasty goodies.


(*or Hot Tea)

#2

I know that you enjoy coffee,
Or, every now and then, hot tea.
So when you next partake of these,
Along with sev'ral great cookies,
Ihope you'll place your steaming MUG,
Upon this -made-for-you - small RUG.

#3

This is a simple,little quilt
With which you may do as you please;
But my intent is for your mug,
To rest upon, with goodies.
that way if you should have a spill,
The 'rug' will make sure there's no ill.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nancy said...

These are so much fun to look at and to make! What a good idea to link your blog on the Facebook. I didn't realize you had one. Will sign up to follow. I started my blog right after our last trip to Nassau and your show. Also visited Bahama Hand Prints. I'd said I was going to start a blog, and this was the event that helped me begin. See you at the quilt show!